Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Trying to Eat Healthy... The Struggle.

The words 'healthy food' and 'summer break' just don't go together. I mean, what's better than Ben & Jerry's Phish Food on a hot summer night, or ribs at a barbecue? Having a body like Miranda Kerr is what. But let's be realistic you can't be as fit as a Victoria Secret Model and enjoy yummy summer delights.
I have been loving healthy and yummy foods. Snacks that taste really good, but aren't going to ruin all the handwork you just put in at the gym. 


Chocolate Soy Milk
a.k.a. the hot (err cold?) chocolate of summer. I never thought I would like soy milk - I mean just the name sounds gross *shivers*. But chocolate soy milk is heaven. I'm not much of a milk drinker but this is a perfect pick me up after dinner - sweet as chocolate, but not as bad for you. 

Skinny Pop
My popcorn cravings never seem to end. And actually plain popcorn it's supposed to be a healthy snack. But it isn't always tasty. When I heard that there is an all natural, cholesterol free, trans fat free, fair free, gluten free, non GMO, and a good source of fiber version of popcorn, I freaked. What? Is there actually a healthy and yummy popcorn? Hit me up. And I've been obsessed ever since, I mean, Skinny Pop's popcorn is made with just all natural popcorn, sunflower oil, and salt. 

Avocado
I hadn't tried this vegetable for a long time, but recently did, and I've been obsessed! It tastes so good and it's healthy too! Avocado has a 'good' fat in it that supposedly burns really fast. I've been loving this in salads, BLT sandwiches, on crackers - everything. And it's great to use as a face mask for those of you with dry skin because it's very moisturizing - as proven by my Kiehl's Avocado Eye Treatment that I looove. 

Trader Joe's Bagel Chips and Hummus. 
Yes you read that correctly. No not Pita chips. I'm too unique to be cliche and eat pita chips with hummus so I decided to try bagel chips. And man was it heaven. That's all I've got to say. 

And that's it for now! Let me know what healthy snacks you've been loving because what you eat matters just as much as what you do - you won't lose weight or become more fit by just working out - you need to eat lots of veggies and fruits too! 

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Best Buy Mall give you an opportunity to order medicine online with home delivery in Pakistan.

Post a Comment

 
Template designed using TrixTG